The National Centre for Sensor Research (NCSR) is is a large, multidisciplinary research unit based in state-of-the-art facilities situated on the campus of Dublin City University. Arising from success in recent proposals we are now seeking application for the following research position in DCU.
A highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher is sought to contribute to an SFI funded TIDA programme developing a flow through device for water remediation based on polyoxometalate-polymer films.
Due to the specialist nature of this research position a candidate at Research Assistant level would also be considered who meets the relevant criteria for the post. Please note there is only one post available.
Reporting to his/her Principal Investigator the Postdoctoral Researcher will:
• Conduct a specified programme of research on the development of nanostructured hybrid polymer-polyoxometalate thin films for photocatalytic remediation of waste.
• Build and characterise a prototype photoelectrochemical reactor for waste water treatment under solar irradiation.
• Deliver research outputs and key deliverables according to the programme schedule and to provide input into reports as required according to project management schedules.
• Attend and present results at project technical progress meetings.
• Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders including industry/ collaborators.
• Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research at international conferences and publish research outputs in high impact international journals.
• Contribute to student training and supervision.
• Assist in identifying and developing future research and funding initiatives.
Informal enquiries to:
Professor Tia Keyes, School of Chemical Sciences, DCU, Dublin 9, Ireland
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +353 (0)1 7008185
Please do not send applications to this email address, instead apply as described below
Application forms are available from the DCU Current Vacancies (open Competitions) website at http://www.dcu.ie/vacancies/current.shtml and also from the Human Resources Department, Dublin City University, Dublin 9. Tel: +353 (0) 1 7005149.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com or by Fax: +353 (0)1 7005500 or by post to the Human Resources Department, Dublin City University, Dublin 9.Human Resources Department, Dublin City University, Dublin 9. Tel: +353 1 700 5149; Fax: +353 1 700 5500 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dublin City University is an equal opportunities employer
Nr of positions available : 1
Chemistry - Other
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
|Degree||Primary Degree or equivalent|
|Degree||PhD or equivalent|